07 July 2012

New tyres thanks to Brixton Cycles

Managed to squeeze another 2 days on the bike to and from work tues/weds. Decided to take a different route home in an attempt to avoid the hill at the start and near Bromley onthe way home. Turns out The National Cycle Path 21 is amazing. A lovely flat ride from Greenwich to just North of Croydon. going fine till I get a puncture halfway through. Two inner tubes later and I am walking to the nearest station. Thankfully Nigel from Brixton Cycles was passing and offered to not only give me a patch but fixed the tube for me there and then. finally made it home:
Tueday
2.5mile to work
22.5 miles home
2.5hrs(!) complete with puncture repairs.

Wednesday
2.5miles to work
22.5 miles home
1.5hrs

On closer inspection and after Nigel's advice it turns out my rear tyre is wrecked. In way of returning the favour I popped up to Brixton to get a pair of new tyres, tubes and more importantly a spare set of patches! Really helpful shop, suggested a few options and I've ended up with Schwalbe Londons. Made all the more patritoic by the shinny "London" branding. Also meant I could get some more miles in before work over the next couple of weeks kills any chance of cycling.

MRI scan booked for 16/07/2012 so hopefully I can get diagnosed and patched up. Means Tour3 in Manchester is out but hopefully back for Nationals.

No comments: